Our COVID-19 Policies
We are happy to inform you that we are now able to once again provide dental care for you and your family.
We have included a online COVID-19 screening tool that can be filled out and sent directly to us for your convenience, as well as to avoid sharing clipboards and pens at the office. Please complete the form below before your appointment can be confirmed.
Our community has been through a lot over the last few months, and all of us are looking forward to resuming our normal habits and routines. While many things have changed, one thing has remained the same: our commitment to your safety.
Infection control has always been a top priority for our practice and you may have seen this during your visits to our office. Our infection control processes are made so that when you receive care, it's both safe and comfortable. We want to tell you about the infection control procedures we follow in our practice to keep patients and staff safe.
Our office follows infection control recommendations made by The Ministry of Health, the Royal College of Dental Surgeons, and the Ontario Dental Association. We follow the activities of these agencies so that we are up-to-date on any new guidance that may be issued. We do this to make sure that our infection control procedures are current and adhere to each agencies' recommendations.
You may see some changes when it is time for your next appointment. We made these changes to help protect our patients and staff. For example:
- Our office will communicate with you beforehand to do COVID-19 pre-screening questions. You'll be asked those same questions again when you are in the office.
- The front door will be locked, so please call us upon arriving to our office
- Your temperature will be taken upon arrival and you'll be asked to wash your hands and wear a mask (please bring one with you, if you do not have one, a scarf or some type of face covering is fine)
- We will increase the frequency of sanitizing and disinfecting all non-treatment and common area surfaces
- We have hand sanitizers that we will ask you to use when you enter the office. You will also find some in the reception area and other places in the office for you to use as needed.
- There will be plexiglass panels surrounding the reception desk, and glass doors in all operatories for everyone's added safety.
- You may see that our waiting room will no longer offer magazines, children's toys and so forth since those items are difficult to clean and disinfect.
- We will adhere to social distancing measures by limiting the number of patients in the reception area, having staggered appointment times and increased time between appointments.
- Air Purifiers have been installed throughout our office to eliminate airborne infectious agents, bio aerosols, odours, chemicals and volatile organic compounds (VOC's)
We have included a online COVID-19 screening tool that can be filled out and sent directly to us for your convenience, as well as to avoid sharing clipboards and pens at the office. Please complete the screener below before your appointment can be confirmed.